Image Posted on
One day I went to our quarter’s supermarket to buy something and when arrived there I have remarked that the seller was unhappy!
– Are you well (said I)?
– Our today’s customers are no longer okay anymore (replied she)!
– Do you mean that we are no good at all (interrogated I)?
– I don’t mean you, I mean the rest of customers (corrected she)!
– So yourself included (specified I)?
– No! … The customers I said (insisted she)!
– Yes, but you are one of them (persisted I)! Because you are buying and consuming every day as well as all those you are calling customers are doing (clarified I)!
– Finally, our selling expert laughed and I did the same … Then both, without adding a word, we were smiling and laughing till I’ve bought what I wanted to buy and after what I went back to home…
Well, my dear sellers,
We are all customers.
Can we say that “CCDVTP” is a new Marketing Theory ( Philip Kotler)?
Philip Kotler is a well known marketer and professor at Northwestern University in Chicago. He has written and co-written multiple books and textbooks for thousands of students. I personally have two and let’s just say, he is credible.
The Strategic Marketing mantra that Kotler talks about is “CCDVTP”:
C: COMMUNICATE AND
V: THE VALUE.
T: TO THE TARGET MARKET.
P: AT A PROFIT.
Three basic activities required for a SUCCESSFUL FIRM.
CREATING VALUE = PRODUCT MANAGEMENT.
COMMUNICATE VALUE = BRAND MANAGEMENT.
DELIVER VALUE = CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT.
Product Management: It’s is an OPEN technology,
outsource the best technology from outside open
technology or open technology.
Brand Management: Brand management is Packaging. It’s a
PROMISE. It’s all about MIND share,
HEART share and now
it’s SPIRIT share.
Customer Management: Have a database of Customers.
It’s just dealing with the date base, a database
management. But according to the GURU,
you have to meet with the Customers
and share his thoughts and CO-CREATE
new value to your product.
There is a radical change in the thought process of marketing; a
new evolution of thought process has come along this new
So you, what do you think and say about that?